Family Matters - Telephone: (02) 6921 6588 for an appointment.
Civil Matters: Legal Aid NSW visits Griffith once per month on a Wednesday.
We provide civil law advice, and can help with things like:
- trouble paying back a loan or an old debt;
- problems with Centrelink, including overpayments;
- complaints about police, health and other government services;
- problems with things you buy - like a car or mobile phone;
- when you think someone has discriminated against you;
- problems with your job, including dismissal;
- housing problems - rent, repairs, eviction;
- victims compensation;
- an accident;
People can see us at the Griffith Neighbourhood House on two Wednesdays per month between 1pm and 3pm, and once a month at the Griffith Aboriginal Legal Service. People can ring to make an appointment, or just drop in. If you do want to make an appointment for the Neighbourhood House service, please call Legal Aid Wagga on Tel: (02) 69216588. For appointments for the ALS service, please ring the ALS Tel: (02) 6962 7675.
For Criminal Matters, please telephone the Wagga Wagga office.
Legal Aid Website Click Here
Looking for legal information? The Find Legal Answers website has info on everyday legal issues-neighbours, crime, housing, courts, money, wills and estates and much more. www.legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au