Marathon Health provides the Strong Minds service to the Murrumbidgee and Western NSW communities. Strong Minds provides access to free, effective treatment for people with a mental illness. Strong Minds enables clients to access short term psychological interventions within a primary care setting.
Call Marathon Health Clinical Services Enquiry Line For An Appointment: 1300 402 585
The service will deliver focused psychological services for hard to reach groups including:
· People from rural, remote and under-serviced areas (people living in towns with no MBS providers)
· Individuals who experience complex and severe mental illness and would benefit from psychological services as part of a comprehensive care arrangement
· People who self-harm or who are at risk of suicide (including those who have had a suicide attempt and those bereaved by suicide or loss)
· Children and young people aged 0-24
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people accessing mainstream general practices
· People who have experienced trauma
· Women with or at risk of perinatal depression
· People at risk of or experiencing homelessness
· People with advanced chronic illness
· People who engage in risky alcohol and/or other drug use
· Individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
· People at risk of, or experiencing, an eating disorder
· People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or intersex
Strong Minds is NOT a crisis service or a service for those in an acute phase of illness.
To get help, call the AccessLine on 1800 800 944 or in an emergency call triple zero.