Part 5 - Miscellaneous
The association may effect and maintain insurance.
36. Funds - source
(1) The funds of the association are to be derived from entrance fees and annual subscriptions of members, donations and, subject to any resolution passed by the association in general meeting, such other sources as the committee determines.
(2) All money received by the association must be deposited as soon as practicable and without deduction to the credit of the association’s bank or other authorised deposit-taking institution account.
(3) The association must, as soon as practicable after receiving any money, issue an appropriate receipt.
37. Funds - management
(1) Subject to any resolution passed by the association in general meeting, the funds of the association are to be used in pursuance of the objects of the association in such manner as the committee determines.
(2) All cheques, drafts, bills of exchange, promissory notes and other negotiable instruments must be signed by any 2 members of the committee or employees of the association, being members or employees authorised to do so by the committee.
38. Change of name, objects and constitution
An application to the Director-General for registration of a change in the association’s name, objects or constitution in accordance with section 10 of the Act is to be made by the public officer or a committee member.
39. Custody of books etc
Except as otherwise provided by this constitution, the public officer must keep in his or her custody or under his or her control all records, books and other documents relating to the association.
40. Inspection of books etc
(1) The following documents must be open to inspection, free of charge, by a member of the association at any reasonable hour:
(a) records, books and other financial documents of the association,
(b) this constitution,
(c) minutes of all committee meetings and general meetings of the association.
(2) A member of the association may obtain a copy of any of the documents referred to in subclause (1) on payment of a fee of not more than $1 for each page copied.
41. Service of notices
(1) For the purpose of this constitution, a notice may be served on or given to a person:
(a) by delivering it to the person personally, or
(b) by sending it by pre-paid post to the address of the person, or
(c) by sending it by facsimile transmission or some other form of electronic transmission to an address specified by the person for giving or serving the notice.
(2) For the purpose of this constitution, a notice is taken, unless the contrary is proved, to have been given or served:
(a) in the case of a notice given or served personally, on the date on which it is received by the addressee, and
(b) in the case of a notice sent by pre-paid post, on the date when it would have been delivered in the ordinary course of post, and
(c) in the case of a notice sent by facsimile transmission or some other form of electronic transmission, on the date it was sent or, if the machine from which the transmission was sent produces a report indicating that the notice was sent on a later date, on that date.
42. Financial year
The financial year of the association is:
(a) the period of time commencing on the date of incorporation of the association and ending on the following 30 June, and
(b) each period of 12 months after the expiration of the previous financial year of the association, commencing on 1 July and ending on the following 30 June.
Note: Schedule 1 of the Act provides that an association’s constitution is to address the association’s financial year.
43. Establishment and operation of a Gift Fund
(1) The Association may maintain for the principle purpose of Griffith Neighbourhood House Community Centre Inc Gift Fund a Gift Fund: (a) Which gifts of money or property for that purpose are to be made;(b) To which any money received by the organisation because of those gifts is to be credited; and(c) That does not receive any other money or property.
(2) The Association must use the following for the principle purpose of the Griffith Neighbourhood House Community Centre Inc Gift Fund:(a) Gifts made to the Gift Fund;(b) Any money received because of those gifts.
(3) If the Gift Fund is wound up or if the endorsement (if any) of the organisation as a deductible gift recipient for the operation of Griffith Neighbourhood House Community Centre Inc Gift Fund is revoked, any surplus assets of the Gift Fund remaining after the payment of liabilities attributable to it shall be transferred to another fund, authority or institution which has similar objects and to which income tax deductible gifts can be made.
(4) The Association must maintain a separate bank account for the Gift Fund.